Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An Exploration of Video Art

The first video that I chose is from the stop motion category. I enjoy these kinds of videos because they remind me of claymation movies from my childhood. This video is entitled Iron Man vs Bruce Lee. The subject matter is light-hearted but the editing is incredible.



The second video that I chose is from the time lapse category. I believe that time lapse videos have calming quality. As the cars in this video speed by the sun rises and sets. The mirror effect creates an abstraction of the normal highway.





The final video that I chose is from the macro category. This video incorporates images from Google Earth with electron microscope images of flowers. At first it is reminiscent of a scientific documentary but there is something intrinsically artistic and beautiful about these cellular structures.


No comments:

Post a Comment