Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stop motion videos

Bottle by Kristin Lepore

This short film depicts two creature on separate sides of the world. The sand creature and the snowman send each other objects in bottles. As time progresses they grow more fond of each other. They decide that they want to meet up. In order to do this, they will have to travel through the ocean. Before they can reach each other they dissolve. I honestly wasn't expecting this video to bum me out as much as it did. Like Madama Butterfly, it proves that words are not needed to tell a powerful story.

Muto by BLUBLU
The first few minutes of this animation made my skin crawl. I did not like the insect like way that the figures moved. It reminded me of spiders crawling up a wall.  This animation is unique because it is a compilation of wall graffiti. I liked the way that music and sound were used to add to the story. There is no definite story line. When the insects spewed out of the mans mouth I had to cut the video off. I did not like this at all. 

Broken Fingaz
This is another graffiti based animation. The drawings are more intricate and realistic. Unlike Muto the artists are shown painting the wall. Three dimensional objects are also incorporated into the video. At one point a box catches fire and is then extinguished with water. I enjoyed this video the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment