Sunday, February 24, 2013

so what exactly is a "futurist"?

Raymond Kurzweil has become one of the most influential minds in the field of "futurism." When I first heard the term, I immediately felt that I had chosen the wrong major. Getting paid just to theorize about the future seemed like the ideal profession. However, as I did a little research, I realized that futurism is more than just spouting bullshit. Futurists such as Ray Kurzweil analyze current trends and predict how technology will continue to advance.

In 1990,  published his first book The Age of Intelligent Machines which theorized about advancements in the field of AI. Kurzweil has since written other books theorizing about the future of intelligent machines.

Forbes has called Kurzweil "the ultimate thinking machine." Kurzweil and others like him are able to pave the way for new technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment